Don’t run away, I promise it is good.
But yes, I’m telling you to put handfuls of raw spinach in your smoothie. Such an easy way to get those greens in! There are tons of green monster “recipes” floating around the interwebs, here is my contribution.
- one or two frozen bananas. (see photo below for freezing instructions)
- two handfuls of raw spinach (when I cant get local, I buy organic baby spinach from Costco and freeze in portions, just shove two handfuls in a Ziploc bag and freeze)
- peanut butter (depends on how much you like, a spoonful gets the job done)
- milk, about a cup or so, depending on blender size. I use Almond milk
- add ins, whatever you like. I’m partial to ground flax seed and a little coconut oil
We have a Magic Bullet blender that I love (dishwasher safe!) so depending on what blender you use, your method might be slightly different
Place bananas and some milk in blnder cup
Add spinach, peanut butter and any additions
Add enough milk so mixture will easily blend.
Blend, blend, blend
I know, it looks a little crazy
I swear, it tastes like a milkshake
Clink glasses and say cheers with local two year old
Who will promptly demolish his and steal yours
Let me know how you like it. What do you add to yours?