Simple Crescent Roll Sandwiches

image

When I was pregnant I always assumed that I would just feed my son exactly what we had for meals.  I consider this about 70% true, but what about the other 30%?  The days we eat steak, or a big salad.  I am sure there are toddlers that eat steak and salads, but mine is not one of them.  He eats pretty fantastic so I won’t begrudge him a few meals he isn’t into.  On days I eat a big salad I typically make my son the “guts” of my salad (meat/veggies/etc) and shred a little lettuce to mix in.  I eat more “low carb” meals so I try to remember that my son probably needs more fuel than me.  I love to make these little crescent sandwiches and keep them in my freezer.  Just pull one out and let it thaw on the counter for a few minutes while I finish preparing our meal.  These little sandwiches are also great for popping into a lunchbox!

But wait, aren’t crescent rolls chemical bombs?  I would tend to agree, but I found a better option!  Click here to read all about Immaculate Baking Company Crescent Rolls!  If you want to make your own, I found this amazing recipe.  Also, come bring me some if you do!

Filling:

This is totally up to you!  I literally make these differently every single time I make them, depending on what leftovers are in my fridge.  I typically use some leftover meat/chicken/fish, some cheese to bind it together and a veggie (particularly one my son isn’t super good about eating, like broccoli)  Just toss your ingredients in a food processor, chop by hand, run in a mini chopper – until combined into a “chunky paste.”
image

Lay out your crescent triangles and add some paste to the end you will roll.
image

Roll up your crescents and bake according to package instructions/recipe.

Easy peasy!

I let them cool on a cookie drying rack and then pop them in a freezer bag and into the freezer.  Perfect ready to pack snack!
image

I typically make too much filling when I make these, and it makes an excellent filler for a grilled cheese sandwich!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s